Monday 5 March 2012

Dog-Fish!

Yesterday I had the day off....well, anyone who knows me knows that a day off doesn't mean sitting around doing nothing!  It was a chance to play with my new book of fish patterns - I have a new great-niece/nephew on the way and want to make a mobile for him/her.  I love how these patterns look like nothing on earth until about halfway through when you get the 'oh there it is!' moment.  I'm really pleased with both of them but particularly like the cuteness of the angel fish - can't wait to make more in brighter colours.
I also got to spend an hour or so working on the Chinese Crested - I had originally planned for it to be purely pencil, but have decided to use a smattering of pink as it is an intrinsic part of this breed of dog, the bare skin.

It's back to work today though - time to plant up those seeds for the garden and to get on with some paid work rather than playing with my own projects!

1 comment:

Soggibottom said...

I'm sure he needs a new dog jumper :-)
Love the fish. What a good idea for a mobile.
:-) X X X