Friday 2 March 2012

Here Fishy-Fishy......

This little chap is going to get mounted......he's a trophy fish for the animation, so needs a nice 'wooden' plaque.  This was fun to make yet surprisingly time consuming.  I started by using the shark pattern from my new book, but after a few rows knew it was time to strike out on my own in order to get the freshwater fish shape I was after.  I've also knitted the tail at the same time as the body rather than knit it separately and sew it on, thereby creating a much smoother line to the fish.

Together with the grey yarn I incorporated silver silk thread and green/purple irridescent thread in order to create a bit of shine.  When the fish was complete, I sewed on some re-cycled sequins (goodbye pretty Indian cushion, you were so beautiful until you started to disintegrate...) and embroidered lines on the top fin and tail.

I do like fish......when I get a spare moment (haha!) I want to make another shoal-of-fish mobile.

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Sweet. I am playing with owls at the moment, but I do like your fish, and look at the goldfish you made for me every day. :-) xoxo