Wednesday 21 March 2012

Foxy!

Are you between 8 - 10 inches tall?  Do you feel the cold wind whistling round your neck?  Do you long for a scarf that is both ecologically friendly yet with a strong vintage style?  Well, this item is definitely for you......

Indeed, it is a miniature knitted fox stole.  This is for a puppet only and will not be available for sale/commission ever as it was VERY HARD TO MAKE!  It wasn't the adapting of the pattern from human to dolly-size, it was the sheer tinyness of the needles, yarn, everything.  Gripping dpns the size of cocktail sticks and doing the wrap-and-turn shaping of the head, my whole left shoulder, arm and thumb kept going into spasm.  Maybe it's a result of knitting 3 normal size animal mascot scarves in quick succession this week(sounds of gentle sobbing....) but I think I've invented a new medical condition which I shall call Knitter's Palsy!  Wearing a thumb brace helps alot...when I remember to put it on, by which time it's usually too late.

I'm not really complaining - I love the challenge of knitting in miniature and the results are worth it.  I just wish my thumb would enjoy it as much as I do....

5 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Wow, it looks fabulous and would be great for a Barbie or Sindy.... I can see why you're determined not to knit one again though... Maybe a felted one instead? xoxo

Sue Doran said...

Oouch! I sympathise but please be careful you don't overdo it - RSI takes a long time to get better (she says from experience), take plenty of rests and ... WEAR - YOUR - BRACE! Enough of the lecturing

Foxy is just brilliant!! He's sooo teeny and the colours are just right.

Gretel said...

It is indeed brilliant, so sweet - much nicer than the *real thing*. But, be careful with those hands of yours.

Soggibottom said...

Fox is brilliant, good enough to wear... as a broach. WHAT ABOUT A LARGER VERSION :-) ?
:-)xxx

Caroline B said...

You can knit your own larger version - there is a pattern for sale in my Etsy shop!!