Thursday 15 March 2012

Too Busy...

I've been very busy over the past week but not with much I can show unfortunately.  I've been designing and knitting some mascot scarves for a company in the USA which has taken up a lot of time - a terrific commission, but I'm keeping the designs under my hat. 

I did have time yesterday to hollow out a lightbulb.......why?  You may ask - I'm going to fill it with something which will hopefully look quite cute.  It took two attempts to get a successfully empty bulb - I managed to poke a screwdriver through the first one just as I had finished doing the hard work of getting the thick glass seal broken down and out of the way.  The thing I am most proud of is getting it done without any blood loss!
I'm losing the will to live over this drawing - not only is it in meticulous detail using only the sharpest of pencils, but he also has quite a difficult coiffure to achieve in this style.  As soon as he is finished, I'm getting the watercolours out and painting something loose and splashy!

1 comment:

Soggibottom said...

Light bulb :-) ? ? ?
You have my interest :-) X X X