Thursday 14 March 2013

Bonnie

Bonnie is now complete and ready to go off to her new home.  I have used Derwent Drawing pencils for this on Canson pastel paper, using the reverse side of the paper to minimise texture.  This time I used gouache for the white highlights of the chest fur rather than my usual acrylic - a bit of an experiment.  I found that gouache gave a softer effect which suited this painting, but was not great for using pencil over. Swings and roundabouts - luckily I didn't need to go over with pencil very much on this occasion.

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

I would be so proud to hang this anywhere in our cottage... it's beautiful....... not quite as good as one we have hanging on our wall I have to admit, but.. beautiful painting all the same............ :-) ah, yer know, I hate talented people :-) x x x

Magpie Magic said...

Lovely painting and the pose is so sweet. :-) xoxo