Wednesday 9 October 2013

Progress, Pigeons & Taking A Break...

I've been able to put some real work in on this portrait over the past couple of days.  Unfortunately for you, the black pencil reflects the flash of the camera quite badly, so as there is no daylight yet (I am a lark when it comes to getting up in the morning) this will have to do.  I am very happy with the way the muzzle has turned out - a combination of the Derwent Drawing pencils and delicate overpaintings with white acrylic.

You may be wondering why the poor dog has a hole in the top of her head - the photo I am working on has her posed under some flowers in the garden and a few are in front of her, blockiing my view - I am leaving it until the rest of the portrait is complete before using my imagination plus some of the other photos I have to put it in.
The pigeon is complete - he needed a bit of surgery around his neck and the addition of feet.  He is about two and a half inches long and needed to be fully animatable, so has a wool jointed head hidden by the purple 'collar' , plus wired wings and feet.
The next item for the animation is troubling me a little, I have got half way but need some thinking time before going further.  So I took a little time away from it to make a couple of hats for the Innocent Big Knit campaign.  I used their pattens to get the feel for it but have a couple of ideas for patterns of my own - if I can squeeze them in before the deadline at the end of the month.

I also just got a request for a couple of tiny items to go on a wedding cake topper - I love my job!


No comments: