Wednesday 2 October 2013

Shhh - It's A Secret!

After months of work (on and off, not all the time!) the knitted car is complete.  Obviously it has to be kept under wraps until it is revealed in all it's glory in the animated film, but Ihave been allowed to give you a sneaky peak.

The dashboard nearly caused a major domestic rift - it took me two days to make, then I was told by my other half that I had done it wrong, I was supposed to have only covered a front section, not the whole mounting.  I could have cried.....however, I managed to pry it away from the wood (my glueing is second to none!) and re-mount it with a bit of careful unravelling.  Beep-beep!

5 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Oh, wow... only you could do something this fiddly :-) Looks great so far, can't wait to see the finished product :-) x x x

Magpie Magic said...

Wow! It looks absolutely amazing (and I say that as a vintage car fan)! :-) xoxo

Sue Doran said...

It's SO detailed, you're so clever!

Anonymous said...

but does the horn work?

kidding.
looks way cool!!!


T

Rona said...

I'm dying to see the animation! You've made so many amazing things. I hope it's not just something that will only be seen in uk.