Wednesday 29 April 2015

Sleepy...

Not sure if I picked this painting because of how I was feeling at the time or not!  Last year we had an unplanned trip to Birdworld and as usual I took lots of reference photos, most of which turned out not that great.  There were a few very good ones, and this was one of them.  I have a soft spot for parrots, would love to own one again, but just have to make do with painting them.  This is in Derwent Inktense pencils, very time consuming and slow but I think it will be worth it.  Lots and lots of fluffed up wing feathers to do!
A while back I had to buy a job lot of hair clips when all I needed was a couple.  I have been wondering what on earth I was going to do with them, but the other day had a bit of an epiphany.  While making some scenery for a new animation, I needed something to keep the edges of the fabric touching the card while the glue dried - ta-dah, hair clips!
After the pain of the last few weeks, crocheting with stuff that should never be crocheted, I gave myself a night off and started a pair of socks...now I don't have a very good track record with socks, suffering every time from second-sock syndrome, but hopefully the novelty of making these not only in tiger striped yarn but also using the toe-up method for the first time will keep my interest until the end.



1 comment:

Sue Doran said...

I much prefer knitting toe up socks, I started off cuff down but once when I ran out of yarn on a second sock, I complained about it on my blog, Laura Sparling got me started on toes up, I would never go back now! Loving the parrot picture and creative use of hairclips!