Wednesday 1 April 2015

Drips & Dribbles...

Over the past few months I seem to have lost my impetus for painting.  I'm not sure why, maybe due to the relentless noise and disruption caused by the builders throughout the winter, maybe because I have had so much other work with yarn and fabric to be getting on with.  Whatever the reason, I've missed it, but it is far too easy to let each day slide by without picking up a brush. 

So with that in mind, I picked a tricky one to get back into the groove with!  I'm trying to re-train my brain with the discipline it takes to draw zebras completely by eye, plus getting each and every stripe in and in the right place.  Initially it was quite worrying - the zebras looked like circus ponies and I had a lot of self-doubt over my abilities (as usual!)  However, as the drawing and painting progress, I feel my confidence slowly returning.  It may not turn out to be the best thing I have ever done, but it is certainly getting me back on track.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this, great job