Sunday 5 April 2015

Stripes & Tights...

 A long time ago, I told someone I only paint when I am happy.  I guess that is quite true judging by the scarcity of artwork produced over the past year and the fact that this week I want to spend all my time on the above! I am enjoying this one so much, combining the strict structure of the zebras' stripes with the splashes and drips of paint.  I'm using watercolours and a very limited palette - Payne's Grey, Cerulean blue, and a kind of terracotta hue.  Funnily enough, no black other than for the eyes! I think I'm back in the game....
Other (paid) work on the go - I have to crochet a sixties mini dress from old tights....not the most practical of 'yarns', it hurts my hands to crochet with and the resulting fabric is stiff and will surely be uncomfortable to wear.  It is for a university student, so I am assuming it will just be making an appearance as part of her coursework.

I've also been sewing a plush tree for a future animation which has been quite an undertaking and I hate to have to say the most boring words ever used in a blog - I can't show it yet.  Argh!  I'm really proud of it and find keeping things under wraps very frustrating!

No comments: