Monday 21 May 2007

Ice Maiden


I feel like I am getting to grips with this technique at last - I finished this today , and feel quite pleased with it. It is not as extravagant as the last curly necklace, but I feel it is classier all round. It is crocheted with silver wire, irridescent white seed beads, a mixture of white and clear slightly larger beads and then finally small crystal faceted beads and larger clear glass round beads and oval beads with a slight AB sheen. I don't think the photo does it justice, but it is so fine and delicate I can't get it any clearer - you'll have to use your imagination! I think it looks like the patterns left by frost on the window, with the larger beads being water droplets as it starts to melt. This would look fabulous with an evening dress, especially against a tanned skin. £22.00 + p+p SOLD

I now have to give the crochet a bit of a rest while I wait for supplies - so perhaps it is back to chains for a couple of days!

2 comments:

natural attrill said...

This is beautiful Caroline, maybe you could get someone to photograph it on your neck?
P.

Unknown said...

I imagine this would look pretty stunning on.
lovely work Caroline!