Tuesday 29 May 2007

Latest Painting and 3 Necklaces

The above is the latest painting to be completed - got to say I didn't enjoy doing it much and now await to see whether it will be approved by the card company I have submitted it to. I think it is time I did some work that I enjoy, as it always seems to show through the overall quality!
The above is a little necklace featuring a glass vintage button in the shape of a flower together with some green glass leaves and tiny AB pink glass flowers, all on silver wire with clear glass seed beads. It is a very delicate and pretty necklace and I was pleased with how it turned out.
£15 +p&p
I don't know where the idea for this came from - I was playing with the beads that I got in a 'mystery' bag and wondered if I could make square spirals (a bit of a contradiction in terms there!) with copper wire, and with a bit of experimentation, this was the end result. It is unusual and very eye-catching - would look lovely with a summer top. The beads have a AB coating, so shimmer as well as have the stained glass look about them. £15 + p&pSOLD
This is a bit of nonsense using home felted balls, a long chain of crocheted purple hemp, together with bright pink and purple wooden beads with a couple of wooden birds and butterflies thrown in for good luck. It is quite a long necklace and would look great on a plain shirt or top. £15 + p&p

So I haven't just been frittering away my time knitting vegetables, there has been a bit of serious work going on as well!

1 comment:

natural attrill said...

I love the square spirals necklace, I especially like that the colours are not arranged symetrically, and I think the wire spirals you've made look really good with those square beads.

Have you seen Toby's other blog with his 'Attrills' range of jewellery? he has also made long necklaces with handrolled felt beads, on hemp, with buttons and beads, have a look!

Good luck for your cat painting, lovely work as always, I hope the card company likes it.

Penny.