Sunday 20 May 2007

Buzzy Bee...

Here is a little chap that made an appearance yesterday. I have had him in my mind for ages, so last night armed with an insect book, black and gold beads and a strong pair of glasses, I set about making him a reality. I think he looks quite cute, especially nestling among the pot plants on the patio - although he is actually a brooch. I saw so many interesting beetles and bugs in the book, I am wondering how to accomplish making them -hmmmm....BUZZY BEE - SOLD

In the meantime, I am still crocheting wire, this time something in silver and clear glass, so watch this space as I have nearly finished it. Sybille says it is an addiction - I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't a sickness! I have so many future plans for this technique that I think I shall just have to give up everything else, including sleep!

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Hi Caroline,

He's a sweet little thing and I can just imagine him sitting on a lapel and making someone's day.

It is an addiction also so far all I had to give up was housework and that was no hardship at all. LOL

natural attrill said...

I like your bee brooch Caroline, butterflies would be nice too, all sorts of colours.
Penny.

Caroline B said...

Thanks Penny - glad you have such confidence in my abilities!!! I'm still trying to figure out how to do the wings of a butterfly and it still be delicate. I'll get there eventually....
Caroline