Monday 3 March 2008

A Couple of Very Bright Scarves....

This is part of what I have been working on over the weekend - not for sale, gifts to a couple of ladies I work with to say thank you for allowing me to take the previously mentioned mountain of mohair home! We get given all sorts of things by parents for use by the children, but sometimes they are either unsuitable or in such huge amounts that we wouldn't get through them in a decade - the mohair fell into both categories. So after sorting out enough to keep the class going for a very long time, I was left with two large carriers bags full....I then offered some to two other knitters on our staff, who accepted with pleasure, and I was still left with a vast amount! Not too sure what to make with it next - too much choice! While I decide, there is still the matter of the knitted blue elephant that needs to be addressed - half way through and although I am already very bored with it, it needs to be finished.

On the painting front, I am in the middle of a picture of a blue-tit sitting on some curly hazel - should be done very soon, just the branches and catkins to complete. All depends on how long Kwikfit keep me waiting this afternoon for my new exhaust....it is now day three in my Kwikfit saga. They have had the wrong part twice now and after sitting in their waiting room for two separate hours on Saturday before they got around to telling me, my sense of humour has left the building. Should I mention that they are erroneously named when I go in there or would that just make matters worse.....

P.S. Kwikfit - not quick, Kwik or even fit. Bearing in mind I was promised the new correct part would be waiting for me lunchtime today....and was then told the second part sent was also incorrect, it took them until 4.30 (when reminded on the phone by me) to tell me to take my car in for 5 p.m. and have my new (correct!) exhaust system fitted. 5.30 my car was put on the ramp. Chap looked at it a bit, wandered off, came back, poked at the underneath and wandered off again. 5.45, chap decided to pick up a tool and attempt to remove the old exhaust system. Obviously having a bit of trouble... put down tool, wandered off. Came back 15 minutes later, had another go.........another chappie came along and helped. 6.00 p.m. Kwikfit officially closed. At 6.15, second chappie came and told me they'd only be another 10 minutes. By 6.30 p.m., I had given cooking instructions over the phone to my son and promised I'd be home really soon. 6.45, I saw them lower the ramp and start my car.....got excited...then they switched it off and raised the ramp again...heart sank. Tried to call home, no credit left on mobile......despair set in, dark outside and car in pieces.........finally left at 7.p.m., barely mumbling a thank you as I was homicidal by this time. Drove home
behind a moron at 28 m.p.h..........swore a lot in a VERY loud voice and vowed NEVER to use Kwikfit again. To add insult to injury this whole debacle cost me £369, can you say Customer Service Hotline......

1 comment:

natural attrill said...

Sorry to hear about your car saga...
Lovely bright spring happy colour scarves!
P.