Monday 11 June 2007

Holding Pattern....

No, the above is not the sum total of what I have done this weekend! It is, however, the only thing that I have finished - it is a bracelet using turquoise and dark wooden beads on gold coloured wire with raffia threaded through in an undulating pattern. Oh yes, and I made myself a little silver chain bracelet with lots of 'anti-evil eye' beads which I am wearing at the moment - one needs all the help one can get y'know!

Other than that I have started three other projects- a crochet bag using string-like yarn, which will then be lined with ditsy print fabric, but I have run out of yarn so that is on hold until tomorrow; a pale green cropped knitted cardigan for me - I know I knit fast but that will take a bit longer than a weekend; and finally I was experimenting with some blue and clear beads on silver wire but haven't quite got it right yet, so that is on hold until inspiration strikes! As well as the crafts I have done the garden, given the dog a radical haircut (for which he still has not forgiven me and is sympathy-limping, one of his more peculiar traits - he jumps about if there is a walk in the offing and was chasing rabbits at a hundred miles an hour this morning, but when he feels he is hard done by he can barely walk......I can forgive him, he is 13 which is 91 in dog years so a bit of senile dementia is par for the course!) I have also been tinkering with the Billy-Bob story and expanding it a bit - as my son said, the neighbours must think I am mad, lying on the floor in the garden photographing a knitted broccoli!

Finally, I am waiting for some more vintage charms and have a couple of things lined up to use them for, so as in the title, it's a holding pattern for the time being.....

1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

One of my favourite colour combinations - deep red with turquoise. Lovely.

Sybille